Many companies are looking to social media — Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, and LinkedIn to name a few — to encourage collaboration and conversation among employees. Social media provides a cost-efficient and practical way to talk with your employees, prospective employees, and their families through multiple channels. It also can be used to improve the power and reach of your websites, intranets, and web portals.
The ideas that drive business innovation can come from anywhere in your organization. Social networking websites are helping people connect with one another in ways unimaginable only a few years ago. By incorporating social media into your overall communication strategy, you can open the lines of communication across your workforce to encourage those new ideas, to help take the pulse of the organization, and to build the culture that attracts the kind of talent you need. After all, people love having their ideas considered and their voices heard.
Whether the purpose is to engage employees by allowing them to connect and interact with their colleagues or to reach groups that are off-site, we recommend adopting social media in phases – first developing an overall social media strategy, then building in policy and governance, education and promotion, and communication tactics. We can help you:
- Develop a strategy: Taking into account your company culture, demographics, and current communication channels, we will work with you to develop a customized social media strategy.
- Build a structure: An important part of incorporating social media into your communication plan is ensuring employees know the rules for using it.
- Get the word out: Educating employees on all areas of social media is an important step in encouraging responsible use.
- Devise and adopt tactics: We'll help you determine the social media vehicles that are right for your organization.
- Integrate your current campaigns: Develop a successful campaign using a variety of media to reach a broad audience.